Age of Kings , New School Forum

Login using your forum username and password. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login using your forum username and password. Thanks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

EST, USA

EST

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Navigation

Interview with Halen

rated_R_
    rated_R_
    Admin

Interview with Halen Empty Interview with Halen

Post by rated_R_ Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 am

Interview with Top-Expert-Player HALEN

Date: Sept. 25th, 2002

Question: Please introduce yourself.

HALEN: Well, I am HALEN (some of you might know me as lyncher_, _oN_Silva_ or other names), I live in Yamaguchi, Japan and I am 18 years old.

Question: Do you still go to school?

HALEN: No, I finished school.

Question: So what are your plans for the future?

HALEN: I want to become a professional gamer. I have a sponsor who will support me if I win the upcoming World Cyber Games in Seoul, Korea. If that does not work out I will probably attend a design-school.

Question: That leads us directly to the World Cyber Games. When and where are the Japanese Preliminaries?

HALEN: The Japanese Qualifier will take place October 5th in Tokyo. It´s about 1000 km away from my town but i will go there with Shikansen, a Japanese Super-Train. You can find all info about the tournament on this website: http://www.acegamer.net/wcg2002. Would be helpful if you understand Japanese though...

Question: You are the only "known" AOK-player from your country. Why is that?

HALEN: AOK is not very big in Japan. And most players play for fun, for example 4v4 games or other maps than Arabia.

Question: Which is most popular game in Japan? StarCraft?

HALEN: No, nobody is playing StarCraft here. Most popular are Diablo, Ultima Online and Everquest. Japanese Players love RPG´s.

Question: Who is the 2nd best player in Japan at the moment? Do you know him (or her) at all?

HALEN: I don´t know because I don´t play much with Japanese players. But they can´t beat me anyways so I don´t worry so much. ;-)

Question: Ok, let´s talk about the recent tournaments (MFO´s "Alliance Cup" and Legion´s "Arbalet Cup 2"). For a long time you never went far in big tournaments but now you just won two in a row. Is HALEN better than ever or are the opponents just less good?

HALEN: In previous tournaments I was very nervous and sometimes I played like a rookie, for example in Arbalet-Cup 1. But now it´s ok.

Question: In the "Arbalet Cup 2" - Final you wasted Grunt in 2 games that lasted 21 and 24 minutes. Rumors go the games were faked. Your comment?

HALEN: What can I say? We set a time, Grunt came and we played. Maybe I was just lucky? Games between top-players are often decided by small things.

Question: You won quite some big money. How are you going to spend it?

HALEN: I don´t know yet. Maybe I put all in bank.

Question: Since you are 18 years old how about buying a car? Do you get a driving licence with 18 in Japan?

HALEN: Yes, with 18. But I dont need a car. Perhaps I will buy clothes - I love clothes.

Question: By the way, you still have that funky red hair-color?

HALEN: Haha, no. Now it´s brown. But maybe I will change it to white for the World Cyber Games. ;-)

Question: Many experts got tired of AOK and left the game but you still play almost every day.

HALEN: Yes, because I like it and because of the WCG of course. I really want to win it once in my life and for that I work hard.

Question: And after the World Cyber Games? Will you play Age of Mythology?

HALEN: I will think about that after the WCG. I had the AOM Alpha but didn´t play it because I only have time for one game at the moment. Maybe I will play it or maybe WarCraft 3. WarCraft 3 is a good game - Japanese like it a lot.

Question: Who you think will win WCG this year? After all it´s the first WCG without Koven!

HALEN: Me, I will win. :-)

Question: Ok, then tell us who will be your hardest opponents. Grunt? Chris? RD_Champ?

HALEN: Grunt is playing WarCraft 3. I didn´t play with Chris lately. RD_Champ is always good.

Question: What about the Taiwanese Players?

HALEN: I play a lot with Yanzi - he is very good.

Question: And who are - apart from this event - the best players in the world?

HALEN: Koven, RD_Champ and Grunt. I learned many things from them.

Question: You told me that your website http://www.halen.jp will close soon. Why is that?

HALEN: Because the webhoster is closing and I don´t update it anymore. It became a very famous site with now almost 1.100.000 visitors but I really didn´t want that at all. If I make a website again it will not be a game-site but just a fun-site.

Question: We enjoyed your ego-posts a lot, hehe. But you didn´t post a recorded game since a long time. All because of the World Cyber Games?

HALEN: Yes, I don´t like sharing recorded games. I show my skill in real games not in records.

Question: Does that mean we can expect a new secret strategy for the World Cyber Games from you?

HALEN: Sure. I always try new things. I enjoy searching for the "100% - strategy".

Question: You are very famous in the Zone. Which are your top-rated names?

HALEN: My best names_oN_Silva_ (2583), _Nattiland (2358), lyncher_ (2334), __Harlequin (2217), HALEN__ (2209), CNS_LF (2200). With _oN_Silva_ - name I was No. 1 in the Zone-Rating but know it´s all messed up because of cheaters. One guy has a 5000-rating. Crazy.

Question: That´s an impressive list indeed. Why you do you make so many names? You like to smurf?

HALEN: If I play on only one name and get to a 2200+ rating I need another name because only a few players are rated like this and want to play.

Question: I wonder why you never joined a clan in all the time.

HALEN: I joined CNS. I learned many things there - Hey, I love CNS! :-) I know clans with many members and talk are cool but there are no benefits for me - skillwise. If i join for example L_Clan i must post my recorded games so many players can steal my skills.

Question: Besides Arabia which maps do you like the most?

HALEN: Highland and Nomad. I play many team games on Nomad.

Question: Last question: What do you like to do when you are not using the computer?

HALEN: Sometimes sports, singing and shopping.

Question: You sing? Karaoke?

HALEN: Haha, yes. Karaoke. Some time ago I went every day to Karaoke. Haha. I even had a band in Junior Highschool. We copied famous Japan Pop Bands. Haha.

Thank you for the interview!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am