EST, USA

EST

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Sat May 13, 2017 8:47 am

Navigation

Can GOOD FW player be considered GOOD DM Player?

Poll

[ 5 ]
45% [45%] 
[ 3 ]
27% [27%] 
[ 3 ]
27% [27%] 

Total Votes: 11
rated_R_
Admin

Post by rated_R_ on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Franks War is getting too popular in GameRanger. We can hardly find any room with Random Civ Death Match. And a question arises, are all FW players overall good DM players !!? According to me I would say yes. FW can provide base for every other civilizations. Tho question arises, can a fw player play with britons? Since Britons is based on archers unit can fw player appropriately manage good army control ? And I think the answer would is YES. Those Axemen teach us the stance and formations that can be applied to those Long Bowmen or Skirmishers. Similarly, we are already familiar with infantry units and cavalier units. Franks players are already good enough to manage the economy which also can be applied to other civs. But franks players who doesn't have idea about other civs , their units / requirement then he will fail there to manage the economy. So I think if franks players have overall idea of other civs even if they do not play regularly they are good enough for their level as with they are with franks.
Reply to poll so that we can know what u think!!

Quote______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Work Hard Play Hard
I2ain_2_Battle
Admin

Re: Can GOOD FW player be considered GOOD DM Player?

Post by I2ain_2_Battle on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:56 am

i think you have a point but again i think everyone should play every civ to get the hang of it.. unless your an old ass player like myself you need a bit of experience playing rdm civ.. it's alot of fun once u get use to it =) siege or no siege eh

Quote______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
{I2ain Never Dies, She only has dry Seasons}
rated_R_
Admin

Post by rated_R_ on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:57 am

I guess you are right aswell. I have noticed myself that when you get just a hang of Franks, its kinda tough decision to make when u play with other civs. Sometimes to go for champs or pikes, skirms or arbs, we hardly use camels in aok but in aoc i love camels how strong they are. Most of us don't or may not have hotkeys set for every units so to get to hang of every civs rdm dm is really good way. I love siege but aokers don't . Franks with siege oOO so fun. Scorps instead of axes, hehe imagane how fun when those axes get ripped of with onagers. hehe

Work Hard Play Hard

arabia_game

Post by arabia_game on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 pm

from my experience i've found that players who have little to no experience with other civilizations do fine against them using the franks, but playing with other civilizations may cause problems as they don't realize what that civilization's strength may be. for example, frank players who don't have access to paladins can feel very awkward. even more basic, it can cause you to build the wrong military buildings right away. i've played several games where my opponent didn't realize that his civilization didn't have access to paladins, made stables in the beginning and begun making cavaliers- it doesn't turn out well.

i think knowing how to play with various civilizations is great and that is really how the game was meant to be played, however todays era it is usually arabia with the occasional black forest map game. on arabia, the franks are the best civilization one on one. their military strengths play along perfectly with the open map that arabia offers giving them the edge against almost all other civilizations. i believe there is a reason why people play frank wars on arabia. i think as long as someone had the basic understanding of the civilizations, they could only play the franks and do well against any civilization. no need to play anything else on the arabia map unless one wants to. so while players who only play the franks may not be the best with other civilizations, unless forced to play another civilization they don't need to deal with it and continue to play with the franks. me, i definitely enjoy playing other civilizations, i like variety. Smile
rated_R_
Admin

Post by rated_R_ on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 pm

yup its always good to play with all every civilizations. But in aok its tough. I think there's no way celts can beat saracens or franks in aok if no siege . Due to lack of siege makes games unfair. These days I like aoc where no rules and every civilizations are equal and btw Celts my fav in AOC hehe

Work Hard Play Hard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:09 am