Age of Kings , New School Forum

Login using your forum username and password. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login using your forum username and password. Thanks

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

EST, USA

EST

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 129 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Navigation

2 posters

Why is it that RMers are more united than DMers?

rated_R_
    rated_R_
    Admin

Why is it that RMers are more united than DMers? Empty Why is it that RMers are more united than DMers?

Post by rated_R_ Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Since I have been playing RM in aoc I have noticed that there is something lacking in between DMers in AoK. Weird as it seems, the comparison between rmers and dmers better the flash out in difference between them and us. Rmers are quite friendly, helpful and good communicating while i noticed most dmers in aok lack that!!? Sometimes i notice 3 times more rooms in aoc while aok has max of 10-15 rooms:(. Due to this reason people are shifting towards aoc. And why not, may be that's the reason these days i play more aoc than aok. Another reason might be limited types of games in aok. don't u think its boring to play same rm bf? dm ara fw? cba i7? what else? may be some more scenz but all limited? while in aoc random dm, cba / hero, cbt, tons of blood, tons of rm types, all in all people don't hesitate to try new things. in aok we do have all those different maps but all we care about is ara and bf, so i think we should focus or atleast try new maps and types of games aswell. haha i think i moved little out of topic but i hope u get the sense. leave ur interesting comments and creative responses BELOWWWW
    asdf

Why is it that RMers are more united than DMers? Empty Re: Why is it that RMers are more united than DMers?

Post by asdf Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:51 am

maybe the reason behind RMers being more friendly , is because it actually takes more intelligence to play RM, and DM is for spamming units and killing ur enemies fast? haha i dont really know.

also, DM is about army control and the army control in aoc is complete crap. in my opinion the best DMers were always in aok ( with the only exception of illusionS_ who was a beast) .

but RM is different and not really about army control at all, so its not as big of a deal.

my 2 cents
    rated_R_
    rated_R_
    Admin

Why is it that RMers are more united than DMers? Empty Re: Why is it that RMers are more united than DMers?

Post by rated_R_ Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Haha, probably you are right on Rmers being more friendly. I think both games need equal intelligence. RM teaches us how to collect resources and use them efficiently. While DM teaches us how to use those given resources efficiently. Here efficiently means in correct and the fastest way. DM is most about Army control but there are also many factors to be good dmers which includes fast buildin, fast eco , map control and so on. Why would you say army control in aoc sucks? Talk about L_Clan_Ciara, BrazZil_Guirrx, Ellas_jidba, I am sure they can beat or atleast compete top dmers in aok. And I think RM is also about army control. Give me an example of good rmer with bad army control?
    asdf

Post by asdf Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:32 pm

you said it yourself, DM is about being fast aka spamming units and econ.. RM takes a different type of speed, more awareness, alot more planning, etc. And about the army control, i remember people saying patrol was pretty annoying in aoc. and for the guys you listed.. isnt jidba the same guy as ciara? lol. and i dont even know that brazill guy, but whoever he is, he wasn't better than M4sTeR. also, tons of the INSTALL guys never played aoc seriously (000,VAV, GAG, 404 and more). fast raidz, frankzz, I_I_raider_I_I, and so many tons of others never played aoc. so why would that be? because noone likes aoc dm! lol.. even now look at the aoc community.. CS/RM are thriving, while DM ...uhh... not so much
    rated_R_
    rated_R_
    Admin

Post by rated_R_ Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Yeh I agree that DM needs speed and fast eco. As you said AOC dm isn't at peak, but once in while it was at peak and so was aok dm. I am sure you will find more aok rm room than aok dm room in gameranger and so is the case with aoc dm and aoc rm in voobly or game ranger. What is reason behind this, are people done with DM, are they tired of learning DM or are people in DM rude ? See u took those names in aok. I am sure at the time they left aok the aoc dm wasn;t at peak. Many players did move to aoc dm, like X1lla, most of Prodigy people and HOS with some exceptions. Slowly both AOK AND AOC is dying. May be some money tournaments and good community can bring some players back.
    asdf

Post by asdf Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:40 pm

well, try to gain a little perspective. you say AOK and AOC is dying, when you should really be amazed either are still alive to begin with. games like starcraft2, and soon to be diablo 3 are out, and for some reason people are still playing AOE2 ( when Ensemble studios is long gone). i havent even heard anything about AOE3 ( probably because it sucked), but look at its graphics, on paper it should of been the best RTS ever but it wasnt, because people respect good gameplay. and that sir, is why aok/aoc is still alive, because of the amazing gameplay it has.

how many other games can you say are this old and still alive? starcraft1, and counterstrike, and uhhh thats pretty much it? that says alot, but dont forget that someday it will be completely dead ( just hopefully not for another 5-10 years haha)

and ofcoarse some people moved to aoc, that was inevitable, i just always felt like AOK DM was better for some strange reason, its like Frank war was a perfect balance of everything DM should be.. a shining beacon of light in an RM centered game.
    rated_R_
    rated_R_
    Admin

Post by rated_R_ Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Haha ok ! lets hope people continue playing this game until we are old and more:D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 am